Windows Phone 8.1 update is slowly landing on existing Windows Phone devices across the globe. The roll out kicked off with the Lumia 625 and 925 in most global regions, but there’s no word about it for the folks in North America. If you don’t remember, AT&T mentioned on their support forums that Windows Phone 8.1 roll out will kick of “as early as this week,” and it seems the time is finally here.
AT&T has posted an announcement on their blog about the Windows Phone 8.1 update for the Nokia Lumia 1520. The update is not listed as “Available” on the Nokia Software Update page, but since the announcement is done, the roll out should start in the next few days — the update process is gradual and may take some time to reach all devices.
Windows Phone 8.1 brings a handful of exciting features on board, including more Start screen customization options, a personal voice-assistant Cortana, action center, improved Internet Explorer, updated Nokia apps, accessibility improvements and more. Here’s a list of some of the features highlighted by AT&T for the Nokia Lumia 1520:
- Personalization – Live Tiles with multiple sizes and color options let you pin apps, music and people to your Start Screen so you choose the information you want to be displayed in the way you want to see it.
- Camera – The superb 20 Mpixel PureView™ sensor of the Lumia 1520 is now enhanced with new features and apps for enhancing and sharing your images.
- One Windows – With OneDrive, Skype, Office and Bing, the Windows experience is reinvented across all your screens—phones, tablets, PCs and Xbox—so you can shoot, share, work and play wherever you go.
- Xbox – With Xbox games, music and video in your pocket, you’ll have entertainment options on-the-go.
- Efficiency – Windows Phone is optimized to help you do more, with the new Word Flow keyboard, Action Center for managing notifications and quick actions, and a new suite of device and data management tools.
Don’t panic if you don’t see the update notification right away, it may take some time to reach all devices. If you can’t, you can manually check for the update as well, and see if it’s available for your Nokia Lumia 1520.
Source: AT&TFiled Under: Mobile Phone News, Top News