ASUS has this week unveiled a new addition to its range of RAID cards in the form of the ASUS Hyper M.2 x16 V2 NVMe RAID. Unfortunately ASUS hasn’t revealed any pricing or availability as yet but you can expect more details to be made available imminently.
Features of the ASUS Hyper M.2 x16 V2 NVMe RAID card include a new two-phase power solution with up to 14 Watt output supports the latest NVMe drives, large heatsink reduces M.2 SSD temperatures for unthrottled transfer speeds and enhanced reliability, support for up to four PCIe 3.0 M.2 drives with transfer bandwidth up to 128Gbps and Intel VROC technology and AMD Ryzen Threadripper support enables creation of bootable NVMe RAID arrays using CPU PCIe lanes.
Specifications of the new ASUS Hyper M.2 x16 V2 NVMe RAID card include :
– Interface – PCI Express 3.0 x16 interface, compatible with PCI Express x8 and x16 slots, support data transfer rates up to 128 Gbps.
– External Connectors – 4 x M.2 Socket 3 with M Key design, type 2242/2260/2280/22110 storage devices support(Support PCIE SSD only)
– 1 x M.2 FAN Power Switch
– 4 x M.2 access LEDs
– RAID function Support: Intel® VROC ready for X299, Z370 and Z390 Series Motherboard models. (It supports Intel® SSDs only.)
– AMD® X399/X470/B450/X370/B350 Series Motherboard models*
– Maximum number of M.2 SSD support will vary, depending on different CPUs.
For more details on purchasing options for the new ASUS Hyper M.2 x16 V2 NVMe RAID card jump over to the official ASUS website by following the link below.