Makers and developers that have been patiently waiting for the arrival of the new Arduino Zero development board to arrive in the US. Will be pleased to know that it will be available next week on June 17th throughout the US priced at $49.90.
The Arduino Zero board is a simple and powerful 32-bit extension of the platform established by Arduino UNO but unlike most Arduino boards, the Arduino Zero board runs at 3.3V.
Features of the Zero include :
– 32-bit core that allows operations on 4 byte wide data within a single CPU clock
– ATSAMD21G18, 32-Bit ARM Cortex M0+ Microcontroller
– CPU Clock at 48MHz
– 12 channels DMA controller that can relieve the CPU from doing memory intensive tasks
– 32 bit Real Time Counter (RTC) with clock/calendar function.
– 32 bit CRC generator
– Two-channel Inter IC Sound (I2S) interface
– Peripheral Touch Controller (PTC)
– 3.3 V
“The Arduino Zero enables creative individuals to realize truly innovative ideas for smart IoT devices, wearable technology, high-tech automation, crazy robotics, and projects not yet imagined. The board is powered by Atmel’s SAMD21 MCU, which features a 32-bit ARM Cortex® M0+ core.
The maximum voltage that the I/O pins can tolerate is 3.3V. Applying voltages higher than 3.3V to any I/O pin could damage the board.”
For more information on the new Arduino Zero development board jump over to the Arduino website for details via the link below.
Source: ABlogFiled Under: Hardware, Top News