If you’re a photography enthusiast, you should have a pretty good idea what 500px is. It’s a place for photographers to show off their stuff, as well as check out the work of others. The service has dedicated applications for both iOS and Android, but not for Microsoft’s Windows Phone 8 OS.
It should come as a good news for Windows Phone users that 500px released their official application for Windows Phone platform which lets them make the most out of 500px, check friend’s activity, filter photos, explore photos from different categories, customize live tiles and bring photographs from 500px right to your home screen, and a lot more.
Here’s the complete list of features:
- Stay up to date on your friends’ activity using our innovative Flow.
- Sign up for 500px using your favorite social network or with your email address
- Explore the Popular, Editors’ Choice, Upcoming and Fresh feeds, as well as other feeds of amazing photography with the swipe of a finger
- Filter Photos using Categories
- Use the search capability to find photographs that match a specific search term
- Tap on a photograph and view it in full-screen mode. Tap again to display stats, comments or votes about this photograph
- Beautiful Lock Screen photo: Use Settings -> Lock Screen Settings to configure your background and view fresh and inspiring photographs
- Use Live Tile to customize your tile sizes and bring 500px photographs right to your home screen
- Interact with the community by commenting on photo, liking them, or adding them to your favorites for later viewing
- Receive and access notifications when the community members interact with you and your photos
The application is available on Windows Phone Store, and yes, it’s free of cost.