A new update has been released today by the developers of the awesome XBMC media centre, in the form of the new XBMC 12.1 update that brings with it support for iOS 6 together with tweaks and enhancements across all platforms.
The new XBMC 12.1 update also brings with it smoother integration with the excellent $35 Raspberry Pi mini PC, and no longer monopolises audio whilst running on the Linux operating system.
As well as adding support for iOS 6 and second-generation Apple TV boxes in the XBMC 12.1.update, the media centre software now makes full use of the iPhone 5’s expanded screen and brings support in OS X for both the default audio device and playback acceleration from Intel GPUs. A full list of all the new tweaks and enhancements is listed below for the XBMC 12.1 update.
– XBMC now supports using OSX’s default output device for audio as well as hardware decoding with Intel GPUs in OSX
– XBMC no longer hogs audio for Linux and on resume audio will continue to work in Linux
– Full iPhone 5 resolution is now enabled
– Volume buttons on Android devices now control Android volume, rather than XBMC volume
– Volume buttons on OSX devices once again control OSX volume, rather than XBMC volume
– Player optimization on the Raspberry Pi, including more efficient playback, better subtitle support, and many crash fixes
– iOS 6 support on the AppleTV 2.
– XBMC does not crash when listed on the AppleTV top shelf
– Added support for additional Xbox 360 controller types
– Broader and more intelligent support for CEC devices
– Fixed problems with several addons due to broken binary read/write in our python interface
– Language fixes, including 7 new languages: Albanian, Burmese, Malay, Persian (Iran), Tamil (India), Uzbek, Vietnamese
– AirPlay fixes, including making discovery of XBMC more reliable on OSX
– Numerous crashing and stability fixes across all platforms
Popular Geeky Gadgets Deals
|PureVPN Lifetime Subscription Save 88%||SNES30 Bluetooth Game Controller Save 14%||Jamstik Wireless Smart Guitar Save 40%||Getflix Lifetime Subscription Save 88%||Monster Digital 128GB Portable SSD Save 56%||Python Programming Pro Bundle Save 84%|