Seagate has this week released a new firmware update for their GoFLex Satellite external hard drive which brings with it improved battery life and Wi-Fi passthrough, in version 1.3.5.015. Seagate’s GoFlex Satellite storage system provides you with a 500GB hard drive, together with a battery that has been designed to provide you with up to 7 hours of power for continuous streaming, or 30 hours on standby.
Like the 1.5TB GoFlex, the GoFlex Satellite has a USB 3.0 USM adapter that plugs into the back of the drive. The Seagate Goflex Satellite is now available to purchase for around $170. Here is a full list of all the updates added with the latest firmware update.
– Ability to join an existing Wi-Fi network (Internet access while connected to the GoFlex Satellite)
– Support for more than 3 users
– Password change option located on main screen
– Support for M4A (MP4) meta data (album art, song title, artists, etc are now displayed in the various menus)
– A-Z scroll bars added to Movies and Documents screens
– Option for extended battery life when combined with the current iOS GoFlex Media App (download/play feature on settings page)
– The ability to toggle between the native video player and GoFlex Media video player for Android App on the settings page
Source: SeagateFiled Under: Gadgets News, Hardware