Microsoft has today unveiled more details about the latest additions that are now available to use on the Xbox on Windows 10 application.
To be able to use the latest preview and test out the latest Xbox features for Windows 10 you will need Build 10158 of Windows 10 installed on your PC.
Once launched the Microsoft Xbox on Windows 10 application will then automatically update to the latest preview version as soon as its launched in the Windows store. Microsoft explains the new features for the Xbox on Windows 10 app:
– My Games – As you install games from the Windows Store, they will appear in your My Games list. Additionally, you can manually add games to your collection by selecting My games > Add a game from your PC. Also, there is now a Featured games section on the home screen, below your Recently played list.
– Game hubs – You can now launch a local PC game from its game hub, view details about the game in the Windows Store, and find and follow People to Watch for a given game. Additionally, for Xbox One games, you can now choose Play from console to initiate a game streaming session from a game hub page.
– Share with your friends – You can share your achievements to your Activity feed and Showcase just like you do on Xbox One. You can also share your Xbox One Game clips or Screenshots listed under Game DVR > Shared to your Activity Feed and Showcase.
– Xbox avatars – We renamed the Avatars app on Windows 10 to Xbox Avatars and the layout and iconography have been updated to final designs. In this month’s preview, there is a “Take a photo” feature so you can pose your avatar and snap a photo.
– Xbox account – In preview, you can sign in to Xbox on Windows 10 with any account, and create a new Xbox account if you do not already have one.
Source: Major Nelson
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.