Viber is a fairly popular cross-platform messaging service, which is available on all major platforms including iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Desktop and many more. If you’re a Viber user, you’d be glad to know it’s available for Windows 8 as well.
Viber for Windows 8 comes with several features including support for live tiles and lock screen notifications, pin Viber or any specific conversations to the start menu for quick access, search for Viber contact using search charm, and more. The application can be snapped to the side of the screen to work with other applications, especially at work.
Here’s a complete list of features of Viber for Windows 8
- Text with your friends
- Make free calls with HD sound quality
- Create groups with up to 40 participants
- Send stickers and emoticons, making messaging fun!
- Share photos, receive videos, and attach locations
- Live Tiles
- Lock screen notifications
- Pin Viber and/or specific conversations directly to the Start screen
- Snap Viber to the side of your screen and work, play or browse the web with Snap View
- Search for Viber contacts using the Search charm
- Share content on Viber and on Facebook using the Share charm
- Toast notifications guarantee that you never miss a message or call
Just head over to the Windows Store and download Viber free of cost.
Source: ViberFiled Under: Technology News, Top News