Samsung is steadily rolling out the Android 4.3 Update for several Galaxy devices and extending Galaxy Gear support to more devices. The latest addition in the list of devices getting the Android 4.3 update is Verizon’s Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini. The update is rolling out to the handset and brings Galaxy Gear compatibility, along with several new features, improvements and bug fixes.
The latest update will upgrade the software version to JDQ39.I435VRUAMK5, and includes all the goodies that comes with Android 4.3 Jelly Bean as well as support for Galaxy Gear, improved Verizon 4G LTE connectivity, extra Verizon applications, Isis Mobile Wallet, improvements to Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini’s Exchange email server and more. Here’s a complete change log from Verizon:
KEY DEVICE ENHANCEMENTS:
The following apps/widgets/services are now preloaded:
- MyInfoZone widget
- Verizon Cloud
The following issues have been resolved:
- Exchange email server connectivity has been improved.
- Verizon 4G LTE connectivity has been improved.
- Isis Mobile Wallet connectivity has been improved.
- Google Voice prompt timing has been improved.
- Incoming call displays Picture Me on the screen when using Call Waiting.
The following changes have been made:
- Voicemail Notification has an Urgent Priority notification.
- Drive Mode’ is now ‘Hands-Free Mode’ in icon glossary
The update will begin rolling out in the next couple of days. So, you should just wait for the notification to pop-up on your screen or manually check it from the Settings if you’re impatient.
Source: Verizon Wireless