If like me you enjoy the aesthetics of Nixie tubes you are sure to like this new “Useless Nixie Device” created by Marcin Saj based in Poland. Created to provide nothing more than a good-looking desktop device the Useless Nixie Device “is a device which has a function but no direct purpose” says its creator. Once the promotional video below to learn more about its design and construction which allows you to choose from a wide variety of different Nixie tube sockets depending on your needs.
The Useless Nixie Device is a simple tube controller offering a high voltage 170V power supply. All digits or characters of the nixie tube are displayed at a constant speed and the system requires a constant 12V power supply.
Specifications include :
– Compatible Nixie Tubes: Z567M, Z5670M
– The nixie tube is included with the socket no.17
– Operates only with three tube cathodes + – ~
– You can choose which tube you want to receive
– Red coated tube Z567M or transparent tube Z5670M
– Socket no.17 is also compatible with tubes: ZM1041, ZM1043 – but in this case operates only with two tube cathodes + –
– 16 sockets available for dozen different tubes
– Each socket have same form-factor
– Acrylic enclosures
– Easy to assemble and use
– Dedicated carton packaging
Supplied as a self-assembly kit the Useless Nixie Device opposite unique opportunity to increase your electronic skills and learn to build a device that will offer a unique and long lasting feature on your desktop. Jump over to the official Indiegogo campaign page by following the link below for more details on all available pledges which start from $39.
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn about our Disclosure Policy.