Guitarists that are looking for acoustic guitar amplifier and preamp that is capable of transforming the guitar pickup into a lifelike sound you’ve been dreaming of, may be interested in ToneDexter which has been created and unveiled by Audio Sprockets.
As well as being an acoustic guitar amplifier ToneDexter can also be used with other stringed instruments and restores the rich and natural acoustic tone of your instrument, say its creators. By processing the signal coming from your pickup, watch the video below to learn more about its design and technology.
The developers of ToneDexter explain a little more about its inspiration and features.
Plug your instrument and a microphone into ToneDexter, and go through a short training session. ToneDexter listens to the two different signals and generates a WaveMap using advanced signal processing technology. The WaveMap is the mathematical transformation used to convert quacky pickup sound to microphone sound. Once the WaveMap is generated and stored (up to 16 WaveMaps can be stored for the same or different instruments), just plug your guitar or other instrument into ToneDexter and ToneDexter into your amplifier.
Features of ToneDexter include :
– Built in three band parametric equalizer – you set the center frequency and the boost or cut for the bass, midrange, and treble
– Tuner with incredible one cent accuracy
– Boost switch to add adjustable gain for your solos
– Built in digital feedback notch filter which is only one semitone wide, so you can knock down that annoying feedback that typically plagues amplified acoustic instruments
– Unique adjustable Character control for a punchier sound
– Simple three character display easily viewable from a standing position which allows for easy operation
Jump over to the Kickstarter crowdfunding website to make a pledge from $445 to receive one of the very first 50 ToneDexter preamps of the production line and save yourself $450 in the process.