The new Steam Broadcasting client update for Valve’s Steam gaming network software has been released today that will automatically download the next time you power up your Steam Client.
The latest update has brought with it a number of new features and enhancements for gamers to enjoy. Including the addition of the highly anticipated Steam Broadcasting feature that allows you to watch friends play with the click of a button.
The Steam Broadcasting service has been designed by Valve to allow Steam players to invite their friends to watch them play. Allowing friends to provide help to others that may be stuck on a level, providing live pointers as you play says Valve.
To power-up the new Steam Broadcasting feature rolled out today, when you see a friend in game from within Steam, simply select “Watch Game” from their profile or from your friends list, to open a new window to view their gaming. Other new features include in the latest update are :
• Added in-game FPS counter to Steam Overlay
• When Steam has internally scheduled a game update to be queued sometime in the future, the UI will now display a note to the user indicating that time
• Fixed a crash preventing 64-bit Steamworks games from launching on older AMD processors
• Fixed starting Steam if instance is already running in other local Windows user session
• Fixed restoring game specific hardware mouse cursors when exiting the in-game overlay
• Fixed errors in web views not localizing properly
• Fixed occasional crash when trying to validate your email address
• Fixed rendering the Steam Overlay in some D3D8 games.
• Updated Windows Compatibility warnings
• Improved synchronization and smoothness of video playback
• Reduced CPU usage when drawing animated images or videos
• Reduced CPU usage when interacting with the main Steam client window
For more information about the new Steam Broadcasting service and its features jump over to the official Steam FAQ web page for answers to all your questions or to see all the new additions in the latest Steam Client update click here.
Source: Valve FAQFiled Under: Gaming News, Top News