Samsung will be rolling out an update to the Galaxy Note 7 this week in some countries that will disable the device and now some US carriers have announced that they will do the same in January.
Both Sprint and AT&T have announced that they will release a software update in January that will disable the device on their network, you can see a statement from Sprint below.
To drive increased participation in its U.S. Note7 Refund and Exchange Program, Samsung will release a software update beginning on January 8, 2017 that will disable all remaining Sprint Note7 devices from being able to hold a charge. This software update will eliminate the ability of these Galaxy Note7 to work as mobile devices. – Sprint
Samsung announced recently that 80 percent of their Galaxy Note 7 handsets had now been returned, hopefully these new measures will encourage the other 20% of people to return their handsets.
Source Sprint, AT&T, GSM Arena
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.