Making modifications and clearing up 3D printed models can sometimes be a little tricky when using a standard blade or knife. The sooner you start adding a little heat to the equation then removing excess bits of plastic, support and other slight imperfections from your model becomes so much easier.
Isaac Porras has created a new 3D printing hot tool and soldering iron called the Solderdoodle Plus, which takes the form of a USB rechargeable hot multitool which can be used as a soldering iron, hot knife, needle, spade, and scooper.
Watch the promotional video below to learn more about its inspiration, features and functionality.
Solderdoodle Plus Specifications include :
– Time to Fully Charge: 4 hours
– Capacity: 3350mAh/7.2V * Type: 2X Panasonic NCR18650B Lithium-Ion
– Size: Diameter: 1.6 inches * Length: 8.1 inches
– Body Material: Nylon * Weight: 149g (5.3 oz)
– Input Cable – 3′ Nylon Braided Male USB Type A to Micro Connector
– Input – Current: 450 to 1300mA | Voltage: 5 to 6 Volts
– Output – Current: 0 to 3000mA | Voltage: 5.0 to 8.4 Volts
– Power Output: 5 to 15 Watts
– Battery Life Under Typical Use: Over 5 years until battery capacity starts decreasing
– Provides over 2 hours of working time
– Heats up to over 700ºF (371ºC) in just 5 seconds
Solderdoodle Plus has been launched by Kickstarter this month with the aim of raising the $42,000 Isaac needs to take his design into production. Pledges are available from $98 for the complete Solderdoodle Kit. More information is available via the link below.
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.