Sky had announced that it will be releasing a new Sky Q update this month. The update will bring some new features to Sky Q.
The software update will bring advanced voice control to your Sky Q TV via he Sky Q remote. You will be able to use voice commands to change channels, play shows you have recorded, rewind 30 seconds and more.
Luke Bradley-Jones, Sky’s Chief Marketing Officer, commented: “Our customers already love Voice Search on Sky Q and we think they are going to love Voice Control even more. You will be able to find your recordings, rewind an amazing goal to watch again or change channel all through a simple voice command. It’s a quicker, easier and more fun way to get to the shows, sports and films you want to watch.”
Sky are also launching a new bespoke favourites menu in this software update where you can prioritize your favourite TV channels.
Here are some of the new commands that can be used with voice on Sky Q:
- “Go to my recordings”
- “Go to new series”
- “Go to Sky Store’ or other key areas of the Sky Q Guide like ‘Sky Cinema”
- “Skip 10 minutes” (Or any time required)
- “Go to 60 minutes” (Or any time required)
- “Play…” (plus specific content in your Recordings – e.g. ‘play Tin Star’)
- “Subtitles on/off”
- “Audio description on/off”
- “Pause/play/stop/rewind x12” (or x2, x6, x30)
- “Change channel to…”(channel name)
- Name of a movie, TV show, genre, actor or director
- Movies with a specific age rating, star rating or actor, for example “action movies with Tom Cruise”, “kids movies rated U” and “comedy movies rated five stars”
- Sports, sports team, or sporting event on a particular day, competition or tournament such as “Live cricket on this weekend” or “Liverpool game”
- A collection of famous movie quotes, for example “you can’t handle the truth”, “you had me at hello,” “my precious” and “Houston, we have a problem”
- TV channel to see what’s on now and coming on later, for example, “what’s on Sky Atlantic tonight”
You can find out more details on the new features that are coming to Sky Q over at Sky’s website at the link below.
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.