Developers of the Serato DJ software have this week introduced a new product in the form of Serato Studio which will be available for both Windows and Mac OS. If you are interested in joining the beta development stage which is currently underway registration is available from the official Serato website until all slots are filled. After which Serato will be making “semi-regular openings to add more members before the official release.”
Key features of the new Serato Studio :
– DJ Style Library – Access your entire Serato DJ library with crates, cue points, BPM and key information.
– High-quality FX – Tweak your beats using over 30 built-in FX presets that will feel instantly familiar to DJs.
– Works with DJ hardware – Studio works with a range of DJ controllers and mixers, as well as MIDI controllers, or just your laptop.
– Make beats – Get inspired with over 300 pre-made drum patterns across a range of different genres.
– Master Key and BPM – Let the project key automatically update as you start making your beat. Adjust the BPM to extremes with world-class Pitch ‘n Time stretching
– Play in key – Play any instrument or plugin in key, without knowing music theory.
– Quality Content Built In – Studio comes with a huge number of built-in drum kits, instruments, audio loops and samples, with frequent content updates for subscribers.
– Simple Sequencer – Get creative with your drum patterns using the simple and easy-to-use 808-style step sequencer
– DJ-style mixing – Mix your sounds using a familiar DJ channel mixing strip, with dedicated gain, EQs, filters and more.
– Serato Colored Waveforms – See your audio and MIDI sequences in Serato’s famous colored waveforms.