Microsoft has this week announced via a Sea of Thieves news bulletin from Executive Producer, Joe ‘Three Sheets’ Neate, a new update will be rolling out which will reduce the Sea of Thieves install size. Once released on February 6th 2019 you will be prompted to install the update, it will download and fully reinstall the game at the install size for your platform.
– Xbox One – from an install size of 35GB to 10GB
– Xbox One X – from an install size of 47GB to 25GB
– Windows 10 PC – from an install size of 47GB to 27GB
Other tweaks, enhancements and changes in the update include.
– Changes to how we generate game updates/patches will better enable us to manage future content being added to the game. This might mean that patch sizes increase slightly in the future, but the benefit is that the game install size won’t increase significantly. If we didn’t make this change, the game install size would continue to increase, taking up more and more of your hard drive space.
– Due to the game install changing, we’ll be able to more quickly generate and transfer builds which is a significant part of day-to-day development internally at Rare. It’ll mean improvements to various areas of our development process, including how quickly we can generate builds and ship them to players.
For more details on the full Sea of Thieves update arriving on February 6th, 2019 jump over to the official Sea of Thieves website by following the link below.
Source: MicrosoftFiled Under: Gaming News, Top News, Xbox