Samsung has released a new version of the Tizen SDK in the form of Tizen 2.4 beta and it comes with over 3,000 new API’s and a range of new features.
Some of the new features included in the Tizen 2.4 beta SDK are support for third party keyboard, a Maps Service API and a GeoFence Service API.
Here are some of the new features
- Tizen 2015 UX
- Rich winsets and styles
- New Tizen Reference Apps (e.g. Browser, Music Player, Calendar)
- New Features
- Application Background Policy to restrict CPU resources for background application processes
- Tizen Expansion Package (TEP) support for effective installation of applications
- Maps Service to supports Geocode, Place Discovery and Route Calculation
- Sync Manager to schedule server access time for applications to synchronize data between server and device
- Service Adaptor (for Cloud Storage) to access remote storage as a local device
- DALi for light weight rendering based on OpenGL ES
- Smartcard and NFC HCE(Host Card Emulation) support to facilitates Mobile Payment Service
- Enforce Security
- And more …
- Over 3,000 New APIs are added e.g. IME (Input method), Media vision, Event system, Voice Control.
You can find out more details about the new Tizen 2.4 beta SDK over at the Samsung Developers website.
Source SammobileFiled Under: Mobile Phone News