Samsung recently released a software update in Europe that limits the charging on their Galaxy Note 7 handset to 60%.
The company did this as some customers have not returned their Note 7 handset as part of the global recall.
Now Samsung intends to release the update in the US as there are still a significant number of Note 7 handsets that have not been returned.
According to Samsung around 85% of all Galaxy Note 7 handsets that were sold have been returned, the other 15% that haven’t returned the device will be getting the update shortly. You can see a statement from Samsung below.
We remain focused on collecting the outstanding Galaxy Note7 phones in the market. To further drive participation, we will be releasing a software update in the coming days that will limit the phone’s ability to charge beyond 60 percent, as well as issue a reminder pop-up notification every time a consumer charges, reboots or turns on the screen of their Note7 device.”
The update should be released in the US shortly, Samsung are obvioulsy hoping that this will encourage more people to return their device.
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn about our Disclosure Policy.