Adafruit has announced the availability of the new Raspberry Pi Radio Bonnet RFM96W @ 433MHz priced at $32.50 enabling you to add even more radio options to your project. The radio bonnets plug right into your Pi and give you long range wireless capabilities to remote nodes that may be battery powered.
The modules are great when combined with other micro controllers with matching radios, for example the RadioFruit Feathers for instance, if you want a sensor node network or transmit data over longer distances.
– Packet radio with ready-to-go CircuitPython libraries
– Uses the license-free ISM band: “European ISM” @ 868MHz or “American ISM” @ 915MHz
– Use a simple wire antenna or spot for uFL or SMA radio connector
– SX1276 LoRa® based module with SPI interface
– +5 to +20 dBm up to 100 mW Power Output Capability (power output selectable in software)
– ~100mA peak during +20dBm transmit, ~30mA during active radio listening.
– Range of approx. 2Km, depending on obstructions, frequency, antenna and power output
Jump over to the official Adafruit online store for more details, full specifications and ordering options.
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.