Developers, makers and Internet of Things enthusiasts looking for a Raspberry Pi UPS system may be interested in a new piece of hardware created by developer Mark Chin based in Canada. The Pi18650 is a smart Raspberry Pi UPS and power system powered by a Lithium Ion battery. Watch the demonstration video below to learn more about its features and capabilities.
“The Pi18650 Smart UPS operates the same as its predecessors and integrates additional features for standalone operation and environment monitoring. The optional ESP-WROOM-32 dongle board adds a powerful Dual Core CPU providing Wifi and BLE features for Web and IoT integration along with data logging.”
“The Pi18650 holds a single cell lithium Ion 18650 form factor battery which should have an integrated battery protection circuit. The boost circuit maintains the voltage to the Pi at 5.1V for battery voltages of 3.7V to 4.2V. The jumper allows you to disable power to the Pi and Isolate the battery circuit or start the Pi. It also includes a charging IC which can charge up to 200mA from the terminal block input connector. “
Features of the Pi18650 Smart Raspberry Pi UPS include :
– Li-Ion Battery Charger
– Reverse Battery and Supply Protection
– Charging LED Status Indication
– Onboard Humidity and Temperature Sensing
– Mode Switch for Input Supply Monitoring or Battery Operation
– I2C Communications to HOST
– Output Power Status LED
– GPIO Indicator for Shutdown on HOST
– OnBoard 16Bit Low Power MSP430 FRAM MicroController
– Variable Output Voltage Up To 16VDC
– Pluggable Terminal Blocks for Fast and Easy Connections
– Up To 24VDC Industrial Input Supply Voltage
– ESP32 Dongle Board w/ SD Card Data Logging (Optional)
– Cooling Fan (Optional)
– DIN Rail Mountable Housing
– Compact Form Factor
– Power Robotics, SBC’s, Raspberry Pi, Linux Systems and more
For more details and to make a pledge from CAD$40 jump over to the official Kickstarter campaign page by following the link below.
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.