The team at Contemporary Controls have created Raspberry Pi home automation controllers based on the BASPi series of building automation controllers. The first design is a 6-universal input, 6-relay output, BACnet server, Sedona-programable board which mounts on top of the Raspberry Pi’s GPIO header as a HAT.
With the installation of the free BASpi firmware and the HAT/daughterboard the awesome Raspberry Pi mini PC can be transformed into a powerful BACnet-networked, Sedona-programmable building automation controller. Data can be accessed via the Internet unpublished to a website from monitoring and configuration.
“The BASpi I/O board is a 12-point BAS expansion board for Raspberry Pi. The I/O board, plus the firmware files provided by Contemporary Controls turn your Raspberry Pi into a BACnet-networked, Sedona-programmable controller with 6 Universal Inputs and 6 Relay Outputs. These new BASpi models incorporate feature sets currently in demand such as cloud connectivity, weather API, REST API, MQTT over SSL, and Haystack.”
Versatile Control Device
– BACnet/IP Server – 12 physical points and 24 virtual points
– BACnet/IP over Ethernet or Wi-Fi
– Resident Sedona Virtual Machine (SVM)
– Graphically programmable with free Sedona Application Editor
– Free project backup and restore utility – BASbackup and free software emulator for PC – BASemulator
– Web page configurable with a common web browser over Ethernet or Wi-Fi (2.4GHz 802.11n)
– NTP server or manually-settable clock
– DIN-rail mount clip included in BASpi-SYS (BASPI-SYS6U6R)
Flexible Input/Output — 12-points of physical I/O
– Six configurable Universal Inputs: Analog Input (0-10V), Binary Input, Resistance, Thermistor (10KT2, 10KT3, 20K), Pulse Input max (40Hz)
– Six Relay Outputs (2A max current)
– 24 Virtual Points used to read or write data to/from wiresheet by a BACnet client/supervisor station
– 48 Web Components allow live monitoring and forcing of wiresheet points from the BASpi’s web page
For more information on the Raspberry Pi home automation controllers jump over to the official Contemporary Controls website by following the link below.
Source: CCFiled Under: Hardware, Top News