The PiRyte Mini ATX PSU is a new HAT specifically designed for the Raspberry Pi which allows you to use ATX PSUs to power the small Raspberry Pi mini PC.
The new Pi HAT enables you to power your Raspberry Pi projects and boards as well as being able to control the shutdown of the Raspberry Pi and its operating system so you can correctly closedown the computer without any chance of corrupting your files or OS.
PiRyte Mini ATX PSU specifications include :
• Uses inexpensive off the shelf ATX desktop supply. Works with both 20 pin and 24 pin connectors.
• Enables operating system to perform controlled shutdown and reboots to minimize disk file corruption.
• Back powers the Raspberry Pi with dedicated 5 VDC line.
• Screw terminals break out +12 VDC and +5 VDC for user projects.
• Provides a prototyping area with access to +12 VDC, -12 VDC, +5 VDC, +3.3 VDC, and Ground
• Conforms to the Raspberry Pi Foundation’s HAT footprint.
• 40 Pin GPIO stacking header allows use of other HAT conforming boards.
• Comes as a DYI kit to keep costs low.
• Power up: LED pulsates slowly
• Reboot: LED pulsates slowly
• Shutdown: LED pulsates slowly until boot up script has ended then pulsates quickly for 10 seconds before shutting off power to the Pi
• Hard Shutdown: LED dims entire time push button is depressed. Turns off power after 10 seconds.
For more details jump over rot the Hackaday website via the link below. If you enjoy building Pi projects you might be interested in our comprehensive list of Raspberry Pi displays, HATS and small screens.