A new Raspberry Pi alternative has been launched this week in the form of the PICO-PI-IMX8M which measures 85 x 56 mm and is the same size as the Raspberry Pi Model B. Offering similar connectivity to the Raspberry Pi in the form of HDMI, Ethernet, and USB ports, but unlike the Pi the PICO-PI-IMX8M is equipped with on-board storage removing the need to use the microSD card if preferred. Different versions of the mini PC are available offering :
– Lite – 1GB LPDDR4 RAM/8GB eMMC 5.1 storage
– Basic – 1GB RAM/8GB storage + 802.11ac WiFi & Bluetooth ($158.75)
– Pro – 2GB RAM/8GB storage + WiFi & Bluetooth ($178.75)
– Dev – 3GB RAM/16GB storage + WiFi & Bluetooth ($278.75)
– Dev Extreme – 4GB RAM/16GB storage + WiFi & Bluetooth ($298.75)
The integrated 40 pin connector should allow the mini PC to accept Raspberry Pi HATs and is capable of running a variety of different operating systems including Android, Ubuntu, and Yocto. The mini PC is based on the TechNexion’s PICO-IMX8M SoM and features 4GB RAM and 16GB eMMC, plus wireless and Bluetooth connectivity. For more information on the Raspberry Pi alternative jump over to the links below where full specifications are listed complete with purchasing options and accessories.
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.