Anyone looking for a new electric skateboard might be worth giving the new Raptor 2 long board a little more investigation which has been designed by Jason Potter based in Adelaide Australia.
The Raptor 2 is being marketed as the world’s most powerful direct drive electric skateboard and is capable of generating a top speed of 28 mph whilst offering a massive 25 mile range. Check out the promo video below to learn more about its features, functionality and design.
The Raptor 2 has this week been launched via a Kickstarter campaign to raise the AU$50,000 the team require to take the new electric longboard into production. Pledges start from AU$134 and shipping is expected to take place during May 2017.
Enertion Boards is renowned for building high-performance electric skateboards. With our latest esk8 release, the limits of performance & technology are being pushed to new heart pumping heights. This board stands out from the crowd with oversized & very powerful direct drive motors that are mated with precision CNC trucks for superior handling & responsiveness at high speed. This board will take you further & faster than anything in its class.
Tech specifications :
- Top speed: 28mph (45km/h)
- Battery range: 25 miles (40km) at high speed on flats (360Wh)
- Board weight: 9kg
- Drive System: Dual R-SPEC GHOST direct drive in-wheel motors
- Braking System: Electronic Regen Brake
- Throttle Control: NANO-X wireless rechargeable hand-piece
- Wheels: 90mm Premium urethane. Made in US
- Charge Time: 2-2.5 hours
- Battery Life: Over 1000 Charges (easily replaceable)
- Deck Material: Carbon Fiber & Maple Composite with alloy handles
- Deck Flex Level: Rigid for high-speed responsiveness
- Dimensions: Length 973mm – Width 274mm
Features of the Raptor 2 electric skateboard include :
– Very Large Battery Capacity: You should not have to limit your fun due to range anxiety. With a battery that delivers a whopping 25-mile range, when you are exploring reality your journey will be counted in hours, not minutes.
– Powerful, Stealthy Drivetrain: Reach the highest highs and wow onlookers who will be shocked when they see you flying past them on steep inclines. The R-SPEC GHOST in-wheel motors move silently & effortlessly when cruising yet they still offer teeth clenching torque on demand.
– CNC precision parts: Built to last & built tough is the war cry for this board. No expense has been spared to ensure the most important components are engineered for maximum reliability & durable enough for any challenge that you throw at it.
– Modular Form Factor: Designed for upgradability, adaptability & serviceability. The true value of any product is its service life. With this in mind, we have gone to great lengths to ensure all parts can be replaced easily so downtime is minimal. This design ethos also ensures you can adapt this product in your own unique ways to create a custom ride with any deck.
– Rapid Charger Standard: Lifes too short to wait, we offer a rapid charger standard to ensure you are ready to hit the road with limited notice.
– Open Source Software: At the heart of the drive train is an open source motor controller system with nearly unlimited amounts of user controlled parameters so you can tame the beast to meet your needs, or tweak it to perfectly match your body weight & terrain.
– 12 Months Instant Replacement Warranty: Backed up with an industry leading warranty to ensure if something does go wrong you’re not left high & dry! All the parts are covered for instant replacement under warranty for 12 months, you can also extend this to 24 months.
For more information on the new Raptor 2 and to make a pledge jump over to the Kickstarter website for details by following the link below.
Source: KickstarterFiled Under: Hardware, Top News