Developers, electronic enthusiasts and makers looking to control up to 2 DC brushed motors independently using a single board may be interested to know that the RageBridge v2 created by Equal Zero Designs is now available to purchase directly from the other fruit online store.
Priced at $199.95 the RageBridge v2 the switching topology of RageBridge 2 is known as “synchronous rectification“ allowing the motor to to always be alternately powered and then braked.
Technical Specifications :
◦ Voltage Input Range: 12 to 30v nominal (8 – 40v absolute limits)
◦ Continuous Current: 40A True Continuous, per side (50+A with fan cooling)
◦ Maximum Current: Up to 90A Constant-Current Mode Limited, per side; 75A for 30 seconds per side, rated
◦ Switching Frequency: 15.6kHz
◦ Braking: Synchronous rectification with regenerative braking
◦ Logic Power: 5V @ 150mA
◦ Inputs: 3 channels – R/C mode; 2 channels & Arming/Reversing switch – Analog mode; 1 TTL Serial UART
◦ Dimensions: 4.15″ x 2″ x 0.8″
◦ Mounting Hole Dimensions: 3″ x 2.25″
◦ Weight: 4oz (with 6″ wire pigtails)
◦ Heat Management: Aluminum heat spreader plate
RageBridge 2 from Equals Zero Designs is a no-frills and robust dual-channel DC motor controller for robotic and vehicular drivetrain applications. It can supply 40 amps per side continuously and up to 90A in bursts dependent on cooling conditions.
An ultra-wide (8 to 40 volts) input range maximizes versatility and allows it to be used in many different systems. It can operate as two independent motor control channels, or be combined into a single-channel controller for driving larger motors. It can take analog, R/C radio, and TTL serial inputs. A large and fully isolated heat sink base allows you to attach it to a metal chassis for even better thermal performance. RageBridge 2 is truly a controller you will not “grow out of”!
For more information on the new RageBridge v2 jump over to the Adafruit website for details by following the link below.
Source: AdafruitFiled Under: Hardware, Top News