If you are searching for an affordable and small yet powerful Linux computer, you may be interested in the new PocketBeagle Linux computer which offers just that for $29.95. The tiny computer is now available to purchase directly from the Adafruit online store and offers a powerful 1GHz AM3358 powered Linux single board computer with a tiny form factor and open source architecture.
Similar to the BeagleBone Black the PocketBeagle has a fully-integrated chip that combines the processor and RAM all on one chip, together with 72 total breakout pads, a microSD card slot for your filesystem and OS, and a native USB connection. Adafruit explains a little more :
“Compared to other single board Linux computers, what differentiates the BeagleBone is that it has multiple I2C, SPI and UART peripherals (many boards only have one of each), built in hardware PWMs, analog inputs, and two separate 200MHz microcontroller system called the PRU that can handle real-time tasks like displaying to RGB matrix displays or NeoPixels.
It’s not too much larger than our Feathers, but comes with 72 expansion pin headers, high-speed USB, 8 analog pins, 44 digital I/Os, and plenty of digital interface peripherals. You can also add a USB host connection by wiring a USB A socket to the broken out USB host connections labeled VI, D+, D-, ID and GND. Then plug in any USB Ethernet, Bluetooth, and Wi-Fi device with available Linux drivers.”
Specifications of the PocketBeagle pocket Linux PC include:
– Octavo Systems OSD3358 1GHz ARM® Cortex-A8
– 512MB DDR3 RAM integrated
– Integrated power management
– 2×32-bit 200-MHz programmable real-time units (PRUs)
– ARM Cortex-M3
– Based on new Octavo Systems OSD3358-SM 21mm x 21mm system-in-package that includes 512MB DDR3 RAM, 1-GHz ARM Cortex-A8 CPU, 2x 200-MHz PRUs, ARM Cortex-M3, 3D accelerator, power/battery management and EEPROM
– 72 expansion pin headers with power and battery I/Os, high-speed USB, 8 analog inputs, 44 digital I/Os and numerous digital interface peripherals
– microUSB host/client and microSD connectors
For more details jump over to the official Adafruit online store where the pocket Linux computer is now available to purchase priced at $29.95
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.