Makers, hobbyists and developers that enjoying building projects using the Arduino platform might be interested in a new Arduino compatible micro controller called the Pixelduino, that is equipped with a full colour 1.5 inch Arduino OLED display.
The Pixelduino has been designed by Rabid Prototypes and includes a built-in microSD card reader and offers a resolution of 128 x 128 pixels. Watch the video below to learn more about this useful little Arduino OLED display.
Features of the Pixelduino Arduino OLED display include :
– Processor : Atmel Atmega328P @ 3.3V / 8MHz
– IO pins : 14 digital, 6 analog
– Memory : 32K flash, 2K RAM
– Voltage regulator : TPS61201 3.3V boost converter
– Input voltage : 1.5 – 5.5V recommended
– Supply current : 100mA @ 0.5V, 1A @ 3V, 1.3A @ 3.7V
– Power connector : JST PH (standard for small LiPo cells)
– Display : 128×128 16-bit color 1.5″ (38mm) OLED w/ SSD1351 driver
– PCB Size : 1.7″ x 1.7″ (43 x 43mm)
“There are all sorts of things you can do with a device like this. You can create wearables like a watch, bracelet, pendant, or buckle that displays color images, attach sensors and display data in text or visual form, display debug information, create a graphics user interface, or even make simple retro games.”
The Pixelduino Arduino OLED display is currently available on the Kickstarter crowdfunding website looking to raise $15,000 to go into production and is available to back from as little as $55 for early bird backers via the link below.
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.