Those of you hoping to play a little Persona 5 sometime this year will be disappointed to learn that John Hardin PR Manager at ATLUS has today revealed that Persona 5 will be launching next year in the US on February 14th, 2017.
Hardin explains more about what you can expect in the special editions of the game that will beSoon available to preorder, and includes extras such as CD, plush toy, steel book and more.
And because this is basically the biggest title in ATLUS’ history, we HAD to go all out and do one of our renowned special editions. Exclusive to the PlayStation 4 version of the game, the Persona 5 “Take Your Heart” Premium Edition is going to arrive in a massive, collectible box, and will contain the following:
– Soundtrack CD: A selection of music from Persona 5 by legendary series composer, Shoji Meguro, in a CD sleeve featuring special P5 artwork.
– 4” Morgana plush: Morgana the Phantom Thieves’ cat is not just the mascot of the Phantom Thieves, but also a member – and also not just a cat! The premium edition includes an exclusive 4” plush of Morgana.
– 64-page hardcover art book: This art book is full of concept sketches, character art, and more by character designer Shigenori Soejima.
– SteelBook: As strong as a vault, the game disc for the PS4 will come specially packaged in a SteelBook collectible case, emblazoned with Persona 5 designs.
– School bag: Designed after the traditional school bags in Japan, the exclusive replica bag comes complete with the Shujin Academy crest.
The Persona 5 “Take Your Heart” Premium Edition will be available for $89.99!
For those just interested in the PlayStation 4 version of the game, we’re releasing Persona 5 in a special SteelBook Launch Edition! All pre-orders and a very limited number of launch copies will come in an official, collectible SteelBook case, adorned with glorious Persona 5 art (identical to the one in the “Take Your Heart” Premium Edition). It’ll be $59.99 at launch! Just a reminder, this will be exclusive to the PS4 version.
Source: PS Blog