Photographers looking for an easy way to capture 360° photography of products, may be interested in a new piece of hardware created by Canadian-based InnoTechnix, in the form of Orbot.
The InnoTechnix Orbot rotating photographic turntable can hold up to 400lbs in weight allowing you to create both animated images and videos of products that can then be used in a wide variety of different scenarios such as applications, websites or online shops.
ORBOT is a computerized 360° photography turntable that can hold up to 400 lbs. Designed and manufactured in Canada, ORBOT helps create amazing videos of your products. Its smooth, computer-controlled movement makes it an essential tool for many different uses, including: photographers, videographers, 3D Imagers, Web animations and trade shows.
All you need is ORBOT, any kind of camera and a light box.
ORBOT includes Microsoft Windows software that enables all features of our 360° photo turntable. If we have enough demand, we could create software for Apple Mac computers. The Phidgets Electronic Board that drives the motor already includes Mac API.
Feature of the Orbot include :
• Tough – made with ¼-inch aluminum plate, anodized black
• Heavy for more stability – 12.5 lbs (5.67 kg)
• Precise – bipolar stepper with 51:1 gearbox
• Quiet – one 6-inch nylon gear and one 1-inch steel gear, only the motor is heard.
• Canadian – designed and manufactured in Montreal.
• Large bearing – This allows you to put a non-centered weight on the table.
• Computerized – Controls the turntable via a computer like a robot.
• Simple to use – Just plug it in, install our software and start using the table.
• 400 lbs (181 kg) – Yes! You can put up to 400 lbs on the turntable. ORBOT is really tough!
Jump over to Kickstarter for more details and to make a pledge to be one of the first to receive the rotating photographic turntable when it starts shipping during March 2017.
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.