OpenMoko, the company that brought us the Neo1973 open source Linux powered mobile phone will be releasing a new Linux powered open source mobile this year.
The New version called the Neo FreeRunner will come with built in WiFi, 3D accelerometers and a faster processor.
Heres the specs.
- Processor — Samsung S3C2442 500MHz
- RAM — 128MB
- Flash — 256MB
- Display — 4.3-inch diagonal WQVGA Color TFT LCD (480×272)
- Graphics — SMedia 3362-based 3D graphics acceleration
- Accelerometers — 2 x 3D accelerometers
- Audio — “high-quality” audio codec
- USB — 1 x version 1.1
- Cellular — 2.5G tri-band GPRS/GSM (900MHz or 850MHz)
- WiFi — 802.11b/g WiFi
- Bluetooth — version 2.0
- GPS — AGPS (assisted global positioning system) receiver
The Neo FreeRunner will go on sale in the spring,no word on pricing as yet. You might also be interested in our handy guide which explains the difference between LCD and LED TVs.
via Linux Devices
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.