A new tiny wireless Linux plug and play development board has been created by Onion in the form of the Onion Omega2 Pro. Offering a self-contained platform with the processor, memory, storage, and Wi-Fi radio baked into a single board. Watch the video below to learn more about this next generation Omega2 open source development board which is now available to preorder from $49 with free shipping throughout the United States and worldwide shipping available for just $6.
“The Omega2 Pro is the next generation of our highly successful Omega2 and the most powerful IoT computer we’ve made yet. It is a standalone device – the processor, memory, gigabytes of storage, and Wi-Fi are all built-in, and it’s smaller than a breadboard. The storage is pre-loaded with the OpenWrt embedded Linux distro, so getting started is as easy as plugging in a Micro USB cable for power and taking a few minutes to go through the browser-based setup wizard.”
Features of the Omega2 Pro Linux open source development board include :
– Processor: 580 MHz MIPS CPU
– Memory: 512 MB (128 MB RAM and 384 MB flash swap file)
– Storage: 8 GB
– Connectivity: 2.4 GHz b/g/n Wi-Fi
– Operating System: OpenWrt 18.06 Linux
– Battery Support: LiPo battery management & JST-PH battery connector
– Antenna: 2 dBi directional chip antenna & U.FL connector for external antenna
– Dimensions: 73 mm x 44 mm
– Efficient: Power efficient but has computing horse-power
– Connected: Wi-Fi connectivity out of the box
– Versatile: Linux-based with lots of hardware expansions
– Compact: Easily embeddable form-factor
– Portable: Built-in LiPo battery management
– Scalable: Perfect for prototypes and production
For more information and full specifications on the Omega2 Pro Linux open source development board.
Source: Crowd Supply
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.