OnePlus has released Android 11 Developer Preview 3 for the OnePlus 8 range of smartphones and this gives us a look at the new design and features for OxygenOS 11.
The new developer preview of Android 11 for the OnePlus 8 comes with a wide range of new features, you can see more details about this below.
This Developer Preview build is designed for our most technically-inclined community members to test out the new features and share feedback directly with us. As this is still in an early stage of development, we do not recommend flashing this ROM if you have little to no experience in software development or flashing custom ROMs, or if you expect to use the device as a daily driver. As always, proceed at your own RISK! For more information about the Android 11 Developer Preview Program, please visit https://www.oneplus.com/os/developer-preview/android11.
Key updates (please refer to the change log for the full list):
- New visual design (including Weather app, Launcher, Gallery, Notes)
- New layout for more comfortable and convenient one-handed operation
- Always-on display function, including 11 new clock styles
- Live wallpaper that changes according to the time of day
- New OnePlus Sans font that improves readability
- Optimized Dark Mode, including the ability to automatically turn on and off and a shortcut in Quick Settings
- 3 new Zen Mode themes, more timing options, and new Group feature to let you experience Zen Mode with your friends
- New Gallery function that automatically creates a weekly story based on your photos and videos
- Some third-party applications may not function as expected
- System stability issues
- Network stability issues in some scenarios
You can find out more information about the new features coming to the OnePlus range of smartphones with Android 11 over at OnePlus at the link below.
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn about our Disclosure Policy.