Anyone searching for a small personal robot assistant might be interested in a new Indiegogo campaign which is set to launch later this month on November 15th for the cute little Omate Yumi robot which has been integrated with support for Amazon’s Alexa.
Watch the video below to learn more about the latest creation from the development team over at Omate, who have already run multiple successful crowdfunding campaigns to jumpstart their unique smartwatch creations.
During the upcoming Indiegogo crowdfunding campaign the Yumi robot will be available to back with pledges starting from $349, offering a considerable saving of the recommended retail price of $599 with shipping is expected to take place in the third quarter of 2017.
The unique robot is equipped with a 5 inch screen offering a resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels and is powered by a Quad-core ARM Cortex-A53 processor supported by 1GB of RAM together with 8GB of storage. Other features include Bluetooth and wireless connectivity as well a micro USB port and internal rechargeable 37.2 Wh battery. Its developers explain more :
Omate is a hardware and software company that designs wearable tech and IoT products. We are telecom engineers, Android developers and designers. We focus on tech and we team up with folks legitimate in other industries. Omate’s mission is to connect people through the Internet of Things. Omate offers full turnkey solutions “Powered by Omate” including hardware modules and software stack allowing companies to design IoT and wearable tech devices. Omate is a 500startups backed company operating in Mountain View – California; Hong Kong and Shenzhen – China.
Laurent Le Pen, Founder & CEO at Omate.
We have spent over a year from design to engineering in order to give birth to Yumi. It required deep Android software customization to combine high-end audio and state-of-the-art AI into its complex mechanical design. Yumi has been built on AI from the ground up, it is an incredibly smart and cute robot; a personal assistant, a music hub and a smart-home control point all in one.
Features include :
– Interact in a hands-free way, simply using your voice.
– Ask Yumi what you want to know: weather forecast, news report, traffic info, etc…
– Enjoy Music and Entertainment by asking Yumi to play a song or a playlist directly from your favorite cloud services: – Spotify / Pandora / TuneIn / Amazon Music…
– Connect Yumi to your smart home networking systems
– Securely check your home activity with the front camera of Yumi via the remote control app
– And much more with over 3,000 Amazon Alexa skills apps
– The Real “Droid” Deal:
– Make video calls via your favorite VoIP apps
– Connect Yumi to your TV via HDMI
– Browse the web, check emails
– Play games
– And much more with over 2 million available apps in the Google Play Store
– Ask anything you want to Yumi all of this is done by speaking with Yumi.
– Interact with Yumi and Amazon’s Alexa Voice Service (AVS) just like you do with your Amazon Echo.
– Powerful Wireless Speakers
Best-in-class stereo sound system for music lovers, Yumi delivers crystal clear sound – Audio Certified by Arkamys – and fits anywhere offering the most vibrant sound ever heard from a stereo mobile wireless speaker. Yumi automatically detects the sound source location thanks to its five embedded microphones so Yumi will look at you when you ask him a question.
– Video Call / Remote Camera Surveillance
Run any VoIP Android apps for Family video calls such as Skype / Google Duo / Viber and many others. Yumi can also act as a video camera surveillance CCTV via its embedded high quality UltraPixel front camera; and yes! Yumi can move via its embedded rotor engines and through the companion monitoring app so you can remotely check your home wherever you are directly from your smartphone.
– Smart Home Connectivity
Connect the most popular smart home networking systems via their Alexa skills. Connect Yumi to your TV either via Cast or HDMI and browse Internet from the front HD touch color display; play online videos and download apps and games from 3rd party application stores.
– Full Android / Developer Friendly
Offer full Android ecosystem to developers to create and test their own applications.
Port any Artificial Intelligence on top of Yumi; customize and test your own Android Apps and Amazon Alexa Skills.
For more information on the new Omate Yumi robot before its Indiegogo campaign starts jump over to the official Omate website for details by following the link below.