NVIDIA has announced that they have released the Android Marshmallow update for their NVIDIA Shield TV.
The update also comes with the Vulkan update which brings the new Vulkan graphics API to the device, you can see details of what is included in the update below.
The update that brings Android 6.0 Marshmallow also delivers much more:
- Upgradable storage and home screen customization
- Quick access to the power menu on the homescreen by long pressing the “Back” button
- Seamless switching between surround sound and headset audio in Netflix app
- Wireless support for SHIELD controller when charging via USB, including headset audio and voice search
- Improved color support for YUV 4:2:0 video playback
- Option to set 1080p 60Hz resolution on Ultra HD TVs
- Option to set RGB Full Range via Settings > HDMI > Dynamic Range
- Improved support for Denon receivers and CEC volume control for more audio receivers
You can find out more details about the Android Marshmallow update for the NVIDIA Shield TV and also the Vulkan update at the link below.
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.