Nvidia has today announced the release of a major new update for the Nvidia Shield portable games console with the release of the version 5 Release 82 update which is currently rolling out over the air.
To re-cap the Nvidia Shield portable games console is powered by an Nvidia Tegra 4 mobile processor and includes a 5 inch 720p screen and can also be streaming through your network allowing you to play games on larger HDTVs
The Nvidia Shield handheld console also comes pre-loaded with Nvidia Hub featuring over 200 Shield optimised games, such as Portal andHalf-Life 2 for your to choose from. New features within the latest Nvidia Shield portable update include :
– SHIELD wireless controller support
– Adds SHIELD wireless controller app for quick pairing to SHIELD portable
– Wirelessly stream audio to a headset connected to the controller
– New SHIELD Hub app
– Improves and replaces existing TegraZone app
– Adds My Media Apps for quick launch access to installed entertainment apps
– GameStream improvements
– Quality of service and security improvements
– New onscreen controls for GameStream. Access by long holding Start
– Remote GameStream – required router settings changes for manual port forwarding (Learn More)
– Netflix HD support for up to 1080p streaming in Console Mode
– Ethernet indicator is now displayed in top-right Android notification bar when connected to Ethernet
For more information on the new Nvidia Shield portable update jump over to the Geforce official forums website for details. The Nvidia Shield portable is now available to purchase for $199.
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.