NVIDIA has today officially announced the launch of its new range of RTX graphics cards announcing the launch of the RTX 2080 Ti priced at $1200 and offering 4,352 CUDA cores combined with 11GB of RAM and 352-bit memory bus the same as the previously launched GTX 1080 Ti. Using GDDR6 memory and offering owners a bandwidth of 616 Gbps the new NVIDIA RTX graphics cards are the fastest consumer GPUs currently available.
The new NVIDIA RTX graphics card is available to preorder today and will start shipping out to customers in approximately 30 days time on September 20th, 2018. If your budget won’t quite stretch that far don’t forget there are plenty of other 20-series cards to consider, like the $799 RTX 2080 and $599 RTX 2070 Founders Editions ranging from $499 upwards. Check out the video below to learn a little more about what you can expect from the new 2080 Ti graphics card.
“NVIDIA GeForce RTX delivers the ultimate PC gaming experience. Powered by the new NVIDIA Turing GPU architecture and the revolutionary RTX platform, RTX graphics cards bring together real-time ray tracing, artificial intelligence, and programmable shading. This is a whole new way to experience games.”
GeForce RTX – New Family of Gaming GPUs
– The new GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, 2080 and 2070 GPUs are packed with features never before seen in a gaming GPU, including:
– New RT Cores to enable real-time ray tracing of objects and environments with physically accurate shadows, reflections, refractions and global illumination.
– Turing Tensor Cores to perform lightning-fast deep neural network processing.
– New NGX neural graphics framework integrates AI into the overall graphics pipeline, enabling AI algorithms to perform amazing image enhancement and generation.
– New Turing shader architecture with Variable Rate Shading allows shaders to focus processing power on areas of rich detail, boosting overall performance.
– New memory system featuring ultra-fast GDDR6 with over 600GB/s of memory bandwidth for high-speed, high-resolution gaming.
– NVIDIA NVLink , a high-speed interconnect that provides higher bandwidth (up to 100 GB/s) and improved scalability for multi-GPU configurations (SLI).
– Hardware support for USB Type-C and VirtualLink (1), a new open industry standard being developed to meet the power, display and bandwidth demands of next-generation VR headsets through a single USB-C connector.
– New and enhanced technologies to improve performance of VR applications, including Variable Rate Shading, Multi-View Rendering and VRWorks Audio.
For full specifications and pre-ordering options jump over to the official NVIDIA website by following the link below.
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.