Nokia has only had its Windows Phone devices available for a couple of months, and now according to a recent report by research firm Strategy Analytics, Nokia is top of the list of Windows Phone vendors for the last quarter of 2011.
According to the report, Nokia shipped around 900,000 Windows Phone devices, as opposed to 1.8 million Windows Phone devices from all other manufacturers for the last quarter in 2011.
“Global smartphone shipments using the Microsoft operating system grew 36 percent sequentially to reach 2.7 million units in Q4 2011,” Strategy Analytics analyst Alex Spektor said in a statement. ”Microsoft smartphone shipments remain tiny, but they are showing tentative signs of growth. Nokia overtook HTC and others to become the world’s largest Microsoft smartphone vendor with 33 percent market share. Nokia’s global Microsoft smartphone shipments hit 0.9 million units, as distribution of its Lumia family expanded across numerous countries and operators.”
This apparently gave Nokia a 33.1 percent share of the Windows Phone market for the same period, with the remaining 66.9 percent being split between all other Windows Phone manufacturers.
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn about our Disclosure Policy.