New Thunderbolt 3 adapters have been unveiled this week by StarTech this week providing a pocket sized hub allowing users to connect external peripherals and devices using various interfaces. Supporting both Windows 10 and MacOS systems.
The new Thunderbolt 3 accessories include a Thunderbolt 3 to USB 3.1 Controller AdapterOffering four times the bandwidth of a traditional USB 3.0 hub, while offering three USB-A and one USB-C port. “StarTech.com continues to provide connectivity products that take advantage of Thunderbolt 3 technology and maximize the user’s experience while preserving their existing investment in peripherals. These products extend the life of high performance legacy peripheral products while allowing users to transition to a Thunderbolt 3 based laptop,” said Nirav Gandhi, Director, Product Development, StarTech.
The Thunderbolt 3 to USB 3.1 Controller Adapter SKU: TB33A1C, provides dedicated USB 3.0 bandwidth to three USB-A ports and one USB-C port offering a total of 20 Gbps. The adapter gives the user access to high performance USB peripherals such as storage controllers and 3D scanners from Thunderbolt 3 based laptops. The second new product, the Thunderbolt 3 eSATA Adapter with USB 3.1 offering a total of 10 Gbps Port SKU: TB3ESATU31, with connections to an external eSATA hard drive or SSD, and to a USB device simultaneously.
Thunderbolt 3 to USB 3.1 Controller Adapter (SKU: TB33A1C)
– Four times the bandwidth of a traditional USB 3.0 hub, flexible configuration with three USB-A and one USB-C port
– Flexible connectivity to existing USB 3.0 devices, while being future ready for USB-C devices
– 2nd Thunderbolt 3 port to daisy chain additional Thunderbolt 3 devices, DisplayPort monitor, or fifth USB device with dedicated 10 Gbps bandwidth
– Stylish aluminum housing design with included Thunderbolt 3 cable
– Convenient front charging port for mobile devices
– External power adapter included for support of USB devices with larger draw
Thunderbolt 3 eSATA Adapter with USB 3.1 (10 Gbps) Port (SKU: TB3ESATU31)
– Provides both an eSATA (6 Gbps) and a USB 3.1 (Gen 2 Type-A, 10 Gbps) port connection from a single Thunderbolt 3 port
– Supports Thunderbolt 3 data rates of up to 20 Gbps, with two dedicated PCI Express lanes (one per port)
– Compact and durable housing design with an integrated Thunderbolt 3 cable, for maximum portability
– Supplies power for bus-powered devices (up to 1A on USB port)
Source: TPUFiled Under: Gadgets News, Top News