The new Mozilla Thimble code editor has been redesign to provide a starting point for teaching web literacy in a simple, “hands-on and visual fashion”, says Mozilla. Watch the video below to see it in action and some of the new features you can expect to use.
The new Thimble code editor includes a wealth of new features and enhancements including :
– Expanded capabilities. Users can now build and link multiple web pages, rather than just one, within a single project
– A helping hand. A more guided learning experience featuring easy-to-use tutorials, auto-closing tags and autocomplete
– A streamlined interface. A sleeker look and feel with light and dark theme options, an easy-to-use color picker, and easy access to all of your files and projects
– Drag, drop and unzip. You can now drag and drop a zipped website into the editor, expand it, and start hacking immediately
– Better previews. A mobile browser preview mode, to see how your project will appear on the mobile Web
– So much more. Auto save, extensions, a selfie-taker and other new features
Mozilla explains more :
For more information on the new Mozilla Thimble code editor jump over to the Mozilla Foundation website for details.