Mozilla has this week announced the launch of a new contact blocker which has been designed for iOS devices in the form of Focus by Firefox. That has been specifically designed to provide a free content blocker for Safari users on Apple’s latest iOS 9 mobile operating system.
The new Focus content blocker app offers users greater control over their mobile web experience and privacy says Mozilla. Enabling users to block categories of trackers such as those used for analytics, social media or more commonly advertising.
Mozilla also says that using the new Focus by Firefox application users may also see an increase in performance as well as a reduction in mobile data usage, as the application blocks Web fonts if desired. Focus by Firefox is now available for free to download from the iTunes App Store and is open source and backed by Mozilla, who explain a little more about its features :
– Offers next-level privacy by blocking many common Web trackers in Safari.
– Lets you control the types of page content allowed on your browser.
– With content blocking and tracking protection on, Web pages may require less data and load faster.
– Mozilla strives to improve the Web for all and has been voted one of the Most Trusted Internet Companies for Privacy.*
– Mozilla gives users transparency online so you can take control of your personal information and choose what content you want to block. We work to provide feedback to content providers and build a healthy, open Web.
– Enable Focus by Firefox in your Safari browser quickly and easily.