Motorola announced that the company is starting the initial deployment of the Android 6.0 Marshmallow update for the Moto X Style in Brazil and India, and for the Moto X (2014) in Brazil.
The full deployment will commence in the next few weeks for both handsets. The company also announced that the Moto X Pure Edition will also get the Android 6.0 Marshmallow update in the coming weeks and have started the approval process.
Here’s the complete change log for the latest Android Marshmallow update for the Moto X Style and Moto X (2014).
- A new Memory Manager that lets you check memory usage of all your installed apps
- Volume controls have been greatly improved
- Do not disturb button has been added to the quick settings panel for easy access.
- System UI Tuner will appear in the settings menu at the very bottom once enabled. It provides a few simple UI tweaks.
- Google Now on Tap allows contextual information to be delivered based on content on your screen with a long press of the home key.
- Doze is a battery management feature that detects when your device is not in use and it will automatically go into a deep sleep state which saves your battery.
- App Standby reduces battery drain by putting seldom-used apps into a reduced activity state.
- Expandable Storage support allows for microSD cards to be used either in a portable storage or an internal storage mode. Portable storage allows your pictures, videos, audio and other media files to be stored. Internal storage allows both media storage along with apps and games but can not be used by other devices.
- RAM manager in settings which allows a consumer to view memory used by the system or an individual app over different time frames
- Automatic App backup not only backs up your apps but their associated data so when restored they will be the same as they were before
- Text selection has been improved
Let us know if you’ve received the update on your handset. Let us know about the performance of your device after upgrading the device.
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.