Microsoft has this week rolled out a new update to its Microsoft Health Android application bringing with it a number of new features, enhancements and tweaks as well as new features to the companies wearable Microsoft Band 2 device.
The Microsoft Band 2 wearable fitness tracker now offers a couple of new features when tethered to an Android smartphone offering the ability to track your weight, share your workouts, prompt you with activity reminders and a few GPS enhancements.
Microsoft explains more about the Microsoft Health application and the updates you can expect to enjoy.
Set wellness goals and get actionable insights to help you live healthier with full-color, easily-understandable charts and graphs in the convenient phone app or the robust web dashboard.
Reach your fitness goals with custom tracking whether running, biking, golfing or working out. Map your run or ride with GPS, or follow exercise prompts with Guided Workouts right on your band. Stay connected at a glance with email, text, calendar, call alerts, and social updates.
– Share your workout – Create custom Guided Workouts in the web dashboard, and share them with friends.
– Track your weight – to help you maintain your current weight, or help you reach your weight goals.
– Web Tile Gallery – Sports scores, news headlines. A variety of content you care about can be delivered straight to your band.
– GPS Power Saver – Enable GPS Power Saver in your Bike or Run Tile to extend your battery life up to 4 hours.
– Activity reminders – Get moving!