It has been a while since LG unveiled the beautiful LG G Watch Urbane. For those of you who are waiting for the smartwatch to hit retail, there’s a piece of good news for you.
LG officially announced the G Watch Urbane will make its way to South Korea followed by key markets in North America, Europe and Asia in the coming weeks.
“The LG Watch Urbane is the third Android Wear device introduced by LG in the past year which demonstrates our commitment to this platform,” said Juno Cho, president and CEO of LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company. “More importantly, LG Watch Urbane is a perfect example that Android Wear watches can be functional and beautiful and a useful accessory that complements any wardrobe. No one would mistake LG Watch Urbane for a computer on your wrist.”
LG further confirmed that customers residing in Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Korea, Spain, the United Kingdom and the United States will be able to get their hands on the smartwatch this month through Google Play Store. We previously heard that it will hit the UK on April 30th, so it could possibly launch in other key markets on the same date as well.
Here’s a summary of what the smartwatch has to offer:
- Chipset: 1.2GHz Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 400
- Operating System: Android Wear™
- Display: 1.3-inch P-OLED Display (320 x 320, 245ppi)
- Size: 45.5 x 52.2 x 10.9mm
- Memory: 4GB eMMC / 512MB LPDDR2
- Battery: 410mAh
- Sensors: 9-Axis (Gyro/ Accelerometer / Compass) / Barometer / PPG (Heart Rate Sensor)
- Color: Rose Gold / Silver
- Other: Dust and Water Resistance (IP67)
Anyone interested in picking up the LG G Watch Urbane?