Storage and hardware manufacturer LaCie has announced the availability of a new high-performance portable SSD specifically designed for “creatives on the go”. The new LaCie Portable SSD will available later this month in 2TB, 1TB and 500GB storage options priced at $540, $270 and $125 respectively.
The pocket sized portable external solid state drive features USB 3.1 Gen 2 10Gb/s connectivity thanks to the inclusion of a USB-C connector, offering maximum sequential read/write speeds of 540/500MB/s. Capable of transferring one hours worth of video footage captured in 4K at 30fps in less than one minute. The flagship 2 TB storage capacity can hold up to 65 hours of 4K 30fps video or 20,000 RAW photos explains LaCie.
“It is also a great alternative to serve as a scratch disc — allowing users to edit content directly off the LaCie Portable SSD, freeing up valuable workstation resources or serving as the perfect shuttle drive to quickly transfer files from capture devices on-set back to the studio.”
Other features of the LaCie Portable SSD include:
– Pre-formatted exFAT for Apple macOS and Microsoft Windows compatibility
– LaCie Toolkit Software Suite
– Designed for on-the-go workflow with drop resistance of up to two meters
– A three-year limited warranty
– Three-year Seagate Rescue Data Recovery Plan
– One complimentary month of the Adobe Creative Cloud All Apps plan
– USB-C and USB-C to USB 3.0 cables included
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.