Kingston Digital has today unveiled a new addition to their range of solid state drives (SSD) with the launch of the UV400 Series SSD which is powered by a four-channel controller offering 550 MB/s read and 500 MB/s write speeds.
The Kingston UV400 SSD is now available in a range of different storage capacities including 120 GB, 240 GB, 480 GB and 960 GB which will be shipping soon.
The power consumption is 0.672W Idle, 0.693W Avg, 0.59W (MAX) Read, 2.515W (MAX) Write, Ariel Perez, SSD business manager, Kingston explains :
We are proud to bring UV400 to market allowing users of all levels to replace their current mechanical hard drives with an SSD and see the benefits of higher performance. The combination of a powerful four-channel controller and TLC NAND makes UV400 perfect for consumers who want to upgrade their existing system at an entry-level price.
Specifications for the Kingston UV400 SSD range include :
Form factor: 2.5″
Interface SATA Rev. 3.0 (6Gb/s) – with backwards compatibility to SATA Rev. 2.0 (3Gb/s)
Capacities2: 120GB, 240GB, 480GB, 960GB
Controller: Marvell 88SS1074
Data Transfer (ATTO)
– 120GB – up to 550MB/s Read and 350MB/s Write
– 240GB – up to 550MB/s Read and 490MB/s Write
– 480GB – up to 550MB/s Read and 500MB/s Write
– 960GB – up to 540MB/s Read and 500MB/s Write
Maximum Random 4k Read/Write (IOMETER)
– 120GB – up to 90,000 IOPS and 15,000 IOPS
– 240GB – up to 90,000 IOPS and 25,000 IOPS
– 480GB – up to 90,000 IOPS and 35,000 IOPS
– 960GB – up to 90,000 IOPS and 50,000 IOPS
Warranty/support: Limited 3-year warranty with free technical support
For more information on the new Kingston UV400 SSD jump over to the Kingston Digital website for details by following the link below.
Source: TPUFiled Under: Hardware, Top News