Amazon has this week rolled out a new update for their Kindle Touch tablet taking its software to version 5.1.0. The new update adds a number of new features to the Kindle Touch device including, landscape mode support, International language support, instant translations, Wi-Fi enhancements and Read-to-Me With Text-to-Speech to name a few.
The current Amazon Kindle Touch device uses the same 6-inch E-ink screen of the previous Kindle model, however a new infrared touch-screen control has now been added to the latest model and the keyboard removed. New features in this update include:
– Language Support: Customize your Kindle Touch with the language you prefer: English (US and UK), German, French, Spanish, Italian, or Brazilian Portuguese.
– Landscape Mode: Switch between portrait and landscape orientation in books and PDFs to read maps, graphs, and tables more easily.
– Instant Translations: Tap any word or highlight a section to instantly translate into other languages, including Spanish, Japanese, and more. Translations by Bing Translator.
– Kindle Format 8: Formatting and layout improvements make Kindle books look even better.
– Wi-Fi Enhancements: Connect your Kindle Touch to Wi-Fi with WPS and select WPA2 Enterprise networks.
-Read-to-Me With Text-to-Speech: Have your Kindle Touch read – English-language content out loud to you, now including summaries of newspaper and magazine articles when available from the publisher.
– More Sharing Options: Tell others what you’re reading on Facebook or Twitter from anywhere within a book — just tap to share a link along with your comments.
– Onscreen Keyboard Suggestions: Search and shop faster with automatic word suggestions as you type.
To download the new firmware version 5.1.0 for your Amazon Kindle Touch device jump over to the Amazon help centre for instructions.