Kickstarter has now helped over 100,000 successfully funded projects since it was first launched back in 2009 and has this week announced reaching the goal, 6 years, 9 months, and 10 days since Kickstarter first launched.
The Kickstarter photography project entitled “Falklands/Malvinas: One War, all Wars” became the 100,000th project to be successfully funded via the crowdfunding service and to help other successfully fund their ideas and concepts Kickstarter has listed 100 interesting facts about Kickstarter that you may find interesting.
Kickstarter explains in this weeks blog post announcing the 100,000 milestone by saying :
It still takes tremendous courage to step out on a limb, and try to create something entirely new. But from where we stand, the state of creativity is more encouraging than ever. To celebrate this milestone we took a look at 100 numbers behind those first 100,000 successfully funded projects. It’s a list that reflects some of the best and brightest qualities of the Kickstarter community, and the creative spirit that animates it.
Here are the top 10 :
1. Number of successfully funded Kickstarter projects from our launch on April 28, 2009 to February 7, 2016: 100,000
2. Number of creative categories and subcategories that those projects represent — from Architecture to Zines: 165
3. Time it took to reach the first 100 successfully funded projects: 121 days
4. Time it took to reach the last 100 successfully funded projects: 3 days
5. Number of creators who launched those 100,000 projects: 86,101
6. Number of creators who have launched more than one successfully funded project on Kickstarter: 8,539
7. Highest number of successfully funded projects by a single creator: 94
8. Number of successfully funded projects launched by current Kickstarter employees: 40
9. Percentage of successfully funded creators who have also backed someone else’s Kickstarter project: 70.58%
10. Number of creators who have pledged more money to other Kickstarter projects than they raised for their own funded projects: 803
Jump over to the official Kickstarter blog for the other 90 statistics that may be able to help you create and successfully launch your next multi million pound idea.
Source: KickstarterFiled Under: Concepts & Design, Design News, Top News