The development team at Ronoth has created a new development platform in the form of LoDev, which takes the form of an open source LoRa development board featuring the S76S SiP (system-in-a-package) from AcSip. Created to enable Internet of Things developers, hobbyists and engineers to easily create sensors and devices with long-range connectivity.
The S76S is a compact SiP featuring STM32L073 micro-controller, SX1276 LoRa Radio, and RF matching components, all in a very compact 11×13 mm package that comes with an FCC modular certification. Watch the video below to learn more about the Internet of Things development platform offering wireless technology that can be used for a wide variety of different applications both by hobbyists and industrial developers.
“LoRa technology is one of the leading wireless technologies powering the emerging Internet of Things. It is used in tons of cool technologies such as automatic meter reading, smart parking, and even livestock tracking. It has the unique ability to send packets over fairly long distances using minimal power (We’re talking kilometers!). LoRa technology is perfect for devices that are located far away and need to send small amounts of data.”
LoDev is the platform of choice for engineers and hardware designers looking to move rapidly into the growing LoRa® ecosystem. LoDev along with the S76S SiP offer a best of breed solution in all key areas.
– Low TCO (Total Cost of Ownership) – There are a lot of factors that go into account when considering TCO. The key reason LoDev is the clear winner include:
– Low-cost of development board
– Professional Mbed community and rich library ecosystem
– Low parts count and BOM cost – Besides a few passives, the S76S is the only SiP solution that requires no external components
– Fast GTM (Go to Market) – Using the LoDev platform along with the wealth of code and examples available through the Mbed community it’s possible to develop custom sensor applications in days not months. When it’s time to go from LoDev to a custom board layout using the S76S . You’ll also have the peace of mind knowing the S76S is FCC modular certified saving you time and money navigating RF regulations.
– Design flexibility – The S76S is the smallest self-contained LoRa® SiP on the market. Save that board space for a bigger battery.
For more details jump over to the Crowd Supply website by following the link below.
Latest Geeky Gadgets Deals
Disclosure: Some of our articles include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, Geeky Gadgets may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.