Intel has this week announced a new addition to their range of Intel Atom X5 processors with the launch of the new Intel Atom x5-E8000 which has been created specifically for embedded applications.
The new Intel Atom x5-E8000 features a quad core processor with 5W TDP/4W SDP and 7-year availability and Congatec have also announced four new platforms based on the processor.
The new platforms take the form of the conga-QA4 Qseven module, conga-MA4 COM Express Mini & conga-TCA4 COM Express Compact modules, as well as conga-IA4 industrial-grade Thin Mini-ITX board.
The Intel Atom x5-E8000 brings 64-bit makes computing even more affordable that to its recommended price point of $39. QSeven module specifications include :
– SoC – Intel Atom x5-E8000 quad core “Braswell” processor @ 1.04 GHz / 2.00 GHz (Burst) with 2MB L2 cache, and Intel – HD Gen8 graphics @ 320 MHz; 5 W TDP.
System Memory – Up to 8GB onboard DDR3L with 1600 MT/s
– On-board Storage – Up to eMMC 4.5.1 onboard flash (optional), 8 MB serial SPI firmware flash
– Connectivity – PCIe to GbE controller (Intel i211)
– Board Controller – Multi Stage Watchdog, non-volatile User Data Storage, Manufacturing and Board information, Board Statistics, BIOS Setup, Data Backup, I²C bus (fast mode, 400 kHz, multi-master), Power Loss Control, embedded BIOS Features AMI Aptio® 2.X (UEFI) BIOS
– 230-pin edge connector with:
– Storage – 2x SATA3, 1x SDIO
– USB – 8x USB 2.0 or 1x USB 3.0 and 5x USB 2.0
– Expansion – 3x PCI Express 2.0
– Low speed I/O – I²C bus, LPC bus, 1x SPI
– Sound – High Definition Audio Interface
– Display – DisplaPort 1.1a up to 3840×2160 or HDMI 1.4b up to 3840×2160, LVDS up to 2x 24-bit @ 1920×1200 @ 60 Hz
– Camera – MIPI CSI2
– Fan control
– Power Management – ACPI 5 .0 compliant, Smart Battery Management
– Power Consumption – 4.5W…12W typical
– Dimensions – 70 x 70 mm (Qseven form factor)
For more information on the new Intel Atom x5-E8000 jump over to the websites via the links below.